Wednesday 26 November 2014

Miss Lewis recommends ...

The Tunnel by Anthony Browne is one of my favourite children's books. I think it is a very intriguing and interesting book. It tells the story of a brother and sister who argue all the time. When their mother sends them out to play together and they discover a tunnel, their relationship changes forever. The sister is too scared to enter the tunnel so the brother decides to go through and finds himself in a magical forest. When her brother doesn't return she follows him into the tunnel and finds him turned into stone.

The illustrations in this book are lovely, especially once the children are in the magical forest. He makes the forest look so enchanted and captures the readers imagination. Year 3 if you have not read this book, I recommend you do. I know you will all appreciate the beautiful illustrations. If you have already read this book see if you can answer some of the questions below:

How did the brother know she would come? Why did he turn to stone? Why did Jack go through the tunnel if his sister was scared?


13 comments:

  1. I think that he now that she was coming because he might of but in to her but he and she did notice. I think he turned to stone because he didn't eat and have fresh air. I think that he went in the tunnel because that he wanted to see if anyone is in their.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent Nashyie! What does it say about Jack's sister following him into the tunnel? How does their relationship change?

      Delete
  2. The book that I won't is the goldy locks and the three bears

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that Anthony brown should be the uk's best children author because I like his books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you Miriam! do you like any other books?

      Delete
  4. Because he wanted to make sure it's safe . I think he turned to stone because there was a wizard which turned him to stone .I think the reason why he knew that his sister was going to come because thy have a bond. He done it so she wouldn't be scared

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's interesting Edem about the wizard turning him to stone do you thing the book is trying to tell us something? I agree with you that it is because the sister and brother have a bond after this.

      Delete
    2. I think it is trying to tell us something because it might be crazy

      Delete
  5. Because he wanted to make sure it was safe befor he went in side.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never read this book,what is it about.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think that she was going under the tunnel then she Bruce's herself and she finally learned a lesson that she couldn't go under a tunnel

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think this book is about a girl that findes a hole and findes a adventure at the other side.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know a wonderfull book to read out infront of the hole school the book is called horrid henry christmas crackers beacause it might be intresting for the hole school and the teachers might like the the story

    ReplyDelete