Thursday 2 October 2014

Chance to Dance

The Chance to Dance programme run by the Royal Opera House (ROH) provides a creative introduction to ballet for Year 3 children through a mix of ballet demonstrations and practical workshops. Children identified with enthusiasm and aptitude for dance will be invited to join the Chance to Dance Company for up to four years, going to weekly classes, attending family days at the ROH and working towards an annual performance alongside dancers from the Royal Ballet.

At Hill Mead, the Year 3 children and teachers have been learning about Swan Lake and some of the most important positions in ballet. 


Can you remember what any of these ballet positions mean?
plié, port de bras, sauté, pirouette
Can you remember any other characters from Swan Lake? 

22 comments:

  1. Sauté means to jump up and down with your feet together

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well done Melissa. Can anyone tell us what plié means?

      Delete
    2. Mr Highman I now it means binding your nes

      Delete
  2. My dream was to be a ballerina and to dance in the Royal opra house I will love to be a ballerina.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pirouette means to spin around on the spot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will love to dance

    ReplyDelete
  5. Port de bras means bend your nees and saute means jump

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love you dance positions in the photo Year 3! Have you visited the Royal opera House yet? Year 1 are always singing Frozen songs in the playground, do you think they'd like Swan lake?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No we haven't yet miss binnie

      Delete
    2. Maybe they can if when they go to year 3 they can tell the teacher David they know a song.

      Delete
    3. No miss Binnie I haven't been to the royal opera house. I think year 1 will love Ito lean about swan lake they will love to lean it

      Delete
    4. Will we get to see your swan lake performance in assembly Oumou?

      Delete
  7. I like the part when we do plaè at dacing I cant wate so we share to the holl class

    ReplyDelete
  8. I remember the word plie,and in the play swan lake I saw the swan quen.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Today I liked it when did P.E. Because we learn't how to do mime's which mean's how to tell someone something without saying a word and we pointed at the wall's and pretended that it was the evil Roughbart and we did it without a sound and it was so fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds amazing Lamine, I'm sorry I missed ballet this week.

      Delete
  10. Wow that looks fun. Do you still know how to do the dance skills

    ReplyDelete
  11. The pirouette means spinning round can ye be can you believe ballerinas don't get dizzy because they'd look at something and they come back looking at it !!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jasmin and mohammedOctober 16, 2014 10:52 am

      I like how we did the rothbert shape .

      Delete
  12. I like the way David dis the sotas.

    ReplyDelete
  13. sauté means that you have to jump your back cant bend and means to of your legs go up and down and you land on your feet

    ReplyDelete